Duplicator is a plugin to move your WordPress site to a new hosting. It can be either same domain or new domain. You can also read our post on how to move WordPress site manually. First you will need to install the Duplicator plugin. When you have installed and activated the plugin, follow the steps below to move the site.
- Go to
Duplicator > Packages.
- Click on
Create Newbutton in the top right corner.
Nextand follow the steps to create your backup/migration package.
- Make sure that everything on result is green and say
Goodthen click on
- Leave it as it may take few minutes.
- Once package is complete and build, click on
Archivebuttons to download them.
- Login to your new cPanel and create
MySQL Database. (For creating databases check out our post how to create mysql database)
Archivefiles via FTP to your hosting.
- Enter your domain followed by
installer.phpin your browser. e.g:
- The installer will run few tests, click on
- In next tab enter mysql host (Mostly localhost), database name, username and password.
- Click on
Test Databaseto make sure its is working.
Nextbutton and Duplicator will import your WordPress installation and database.
- It will ask you to update site URL or Path. Since you are not changing domain names, you DON’T need to change anything.
- Click on the
Nextbutton and Duplicator will run the final steps and will show you the login button.
- You can now login to WordPress site and everything will work as expected.
5 thoughts on “How to Move WordPress Site Using Duplicator”
Hi would you mind letting me know which web host you\’re using?
I\’ve loaded your blog in 3 different web browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
Can you recommend a good hosting provider at a fair price? Many thanks, I appreciate it!
I cannot thank you enough for this post. Thanks Again!
Greetings, I believe your blog may be having web browser compatibility issues. When I take a look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine however when opening in IE, it has some overlapping issues. I just wanted to provide you with a quick heads up! Apart from that, excellent website!
Like!! Really appreciate you sharing this blog post. Really thank you! Keep writing.
Say, you got a nice post. Much thanks again. Will read on…