The TinyPNG plugin is a useful tool for optimizing images on your WordPress site. By reducing the file size of your images, you can improve your website’s load times and provide a better user experience for your visitors. If you don’t know how to install plugins in WordPress then you can read out our blog post How to Install WordPress Plugin.
It’s important to note that the free plan of the TinyPNG plugin allows you to optimize up to 500 images per month. If you need to optimize more images, you can upgrade to a paid plan. Once you have the plugin installed and activated, you can begin optimizing your images by following the steps provided.
- Go to
Settings > TinyPNG - JPEG, PNG & WebP image compression.
- Provide your Name and Email then click on
- Check your email for confirmation and click on the link
Activate your account.
- Now reload or visit the page
Settings > TinyPNG - JPEG, PNG & WebP image compressionit will show that
Your account is connected.
Optimize Images on Upload
- Your images will be automatically optimized by TinyPNG on upload.
- You can also change this behavior from
Settings > TinyPNG - JPEG, PNG & WebP image compressionto
Do not compress new images automaticallyand you’ll have to manually select the images you want to compress in the media library.
- If you want to optimize already uploaded images then navigate to
Media > Bulk Optimizationand click on
Start Bulk Optimization.